You are what you eat and you can help deter the unwanted lumps and bumps, known as cellulite, by eating right and avoiding the offending foods. Be smart about what goes in and you shall receive good things reflected by your body!
So, which foods can help to skirt the occurrence of cellulite?
- Pineapple – Rich in potassium and vitamin C, pineapple is full of bromelain, which helps increase blood circulation.
- Water – This one gets stressed a lot and that’s because drinking at least eight glasses of water a day helps plump the skin and make it look thicker and more supple to camouflage cellulite. Water also helps the body release stored toxins.
- Asparagus – This food strengthens the capillaries and veins, and acts as a diuretic forcing the body to release toxins.
- Green Tea – This contains catechins, which have been shown to help prevent the breakdown of collagen which is a component of strong, firm skin.
- Sunflower Seeds – These help strengthen weak tissue, which can be linked to cellulite.
- Chili Peppers – The spice of these can increase the heat of the body internally, so that the body can burn fat faster.
Processed and fried foods, as well as sugars and white carbohydrates act as toxins in the body, which may cause cellulite to form. Avoid these foods and, instead, give your body the right nutrients to help limit the effects of cellulite!