Do you ever promise to put time aside yourself and just breathe, relax and enjoy a moment for you? Do you always fall through on this promise to yourself? Make yourself a priority! Realize how important it is to schedule your “me” time and start freeing up time to do so.
Scheduling your free time is just as important as any other task on your never-ending to do list. Why? It contributes to your overall health and well-being! “Me” time should be dedicated time that is at least a half an hour to an hour every day. Yes, every day! Build this time into your schedule so that you do not forget and plan to do something useful with it, so it doesn’t just become wasted time.
Do you have 5-10 Minutes?
- Sit on the porch with a cup of coffee and the newspaper.
- Call a friend to chat.
- Walk around the block or up and down a flight of stairs.
- Breathe deeply and focus on clearing your mind.
- Spend time with your pet.
- Listen to music.
Do you have 15-30 Minutes?
- Read one chapter of a book you have wanted to make time for.
- Find a nearby park and go for a brisk walk.
- Soak in the tub.
- Make a delicious treat.
Do you have 30-60 Minutes?
- Get a facial (at Skin NV!)
- Take a nap.
- Plan a long walk with a friend.
- Catch up on your recorded shows
- Meet up with a friend for a glass of wine.
These are just a few ideas to get you started, but once you have become accustomed to utilizing (and enjoying) your “me” time, the ideas will come more naturally! Feel free to add your own favorites to these lists, but whatever you choose to do with your “me” time, make it relaxing and restorative.
We enjoy seeing our clients spend their own “me” time at Skin NV and love catching up with them, knowing we are helping to relax and renew their mind, spirit and skin. This is what we are passionate about! Stop in today and start enjoying a little time to yourself.