Ingesting antioxidants improves skin quality and reduces the signs of aging on the skin. Antioxidants extinguish the dangerous free radicals (the toxic molecules that are generated by pollution and sun damage). Incorporating the right antioxidants into your diet and skin care routine can have a positive effect on your skin.
Antioxidants are found in:
- Green tea
- Red kidney beans
- Olive oil
- Dark chocolate
- Red wine
Antioxidants have many skin care benefits, among some of the many benefits are:
- Anti-inflammation: One of the most desirable benefits of antioxidants in skin-care products is the calming of inflammation. Reducing inflammation promotes more even skin tone and helps keep acne and wrinkles at bay.
- Skin firming: Another top benefit of antioxidant skin care is skin firming. Antioxidants may actually reverse the effects of aging by improving skin health and rejuvenating its appearance.
- Reduced appearance of wrinkles: Although it is nearly impossible to make wrinkles disappear, skin-care products with antioxidants can help plump out the skin and make it appear more youthful. Most antioxidants are great for reducing the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines, but vitamins C and E are especially beneficial.
- Scar treatment: Reducing the appearance of scar tissue is another important benefit of antioxidants in skin care. Scar tissue has a different cell structure than that of healthy skin, making it rigid.
- Repair of sun damage: Antioxidants that stimulate blood flow in the skin can help encourage the growth of new cells and make sun-damaged skin appear younger.
Be smart about your skin care and start taking in more nutritious and delicious antioxidants to benefit your skin! The benefits are bountiful and the sources are tasty, so what’s not to love? Want more helpful skin care tips and tricks? Contact us at Skin NV today and follow us on Facebook!