We are complex beings. Therefore, our overall health and happiness does not rely on only an outward appearance or inward aura, but both. Aesthetic patients looking to improve their outward appearance usually enjoy inward overhauls too, and our best advice to achieve this goal? Yoga!
Many dermatologists and medical spas recommend yoga as an effective stress-reducer because yoga postures and breathing practices tense and relax the body, improve breathing, and relax the mind. The trend in yoga has long endured and is an ancient practice that has been used as a tool for improving health and increasing longevity for many years.
From healthy body weight and muscle tone to improved digestion, immunity and mental clarity, yoga has been proven to increase health and vitality to virtually the entire human system. Yoga poses to aid immunity include:
- Downward-facing dog. This poses targets the circulatory and digestive systems as well as major muscle groups.
- Bow pose. This asana promotes healthy digestion, which can help the body rid itself of toxins and impurities.
- Headstand. When performing inverted yoga poses like the headstand, the head is at a lower level than the heart. This improves circulation to the brain, the endocrine system and the thyroid, which provides increased immunity and improved mental function.
- Plow pose. This asana does wonders for immunity by increasing circulation to nearly all areas of the body.
- Wheel pose. This position promotes healthier function in the endocrine system as well as improved digestion and body function.
- Seated Twist. A powerful tool when it comes to improving digestion, the seated twist promotes more efficient elimination of waste as well as relaxation to the digestive organs.
All types of yoga will lead to improved immunity, more efficient body function and better quality of life. Need a good yoga spot? Skin NV recommends Yogani! Yogani offers a variety of yoga classes for a wide range of ability level. Check them out at Yogani.com or Like their Facebook page to get frequent updates on classes and find helpful inspiration reminding us that balance is always important!