Upgrade to a richer moisturizer – One of our client favorites is SkinMedica Dermal Repair!
For many, cold weather can mean dry, irritated skin. In fact, it is estimated that almost 20 percent of people in the U.S. suffer from severely dry skin! Fortunately, there are ways to help prevent eczema and treat it when it flares up.
- Treat It Gently – It is important to keep skin hydrated, especially when the temperatures cool down, and one of the easiest ways is to choose a rich yet gentle body moisturizer.
- Help Your Hands (And Feet) – Frequent hand washing and use of antibacterial gels during flu season may prevent a cold but can cause dryness and irritation to skin, so try to moisturize each time after you wash.
- Cool It with Hot Water – A super hot shower can actually harm the skin, stripping it of essential oils and leading to skin dryness. Stick to cool or lukewarm showers or baths and soak for only 10 minutes or less to avoid damaging the skin.
- Seek Professional Advice – If your skin is not improving, it might be time to see a dermatologist!
- Invest In a Humidifier – Dry heat from heaters in your home can wreak havoc on your skin. Opt for a humidifier to help add moisture to the skin by replacing moisture to the air.
- Do not Forget About the Sun – Even though it is cold outside, the sun’s rays can still cause sunburn in the winter. Look for a facial moisturizer with an SPF of 30 or higher to protect your face and neck daily.
Following these helpful tips to baby your skin during the dry, cold months will ensure keeping your skin smooth and moisturized as snug as a bug! Our favorite moisturizer that many Skin NV clients can’t get enough of is SkinMedica Dermal Repair! Call us today to get yours, or buy it for a friend! Stock up this winter on this rich moisturizer that will fight that unwanted dry, irritated skin.